Why You Should Apply?...
Looking for a lucrative income?
- Look no further, you can make it happen here. With Equilibrium’s Base Salary, Quarterly Bonus and our Engineer Overachiever Incentive Plan you have the potential to earn an outstanding total compensation!
Looking for professional training and executive mentoring?
- Look no further, Equilibrium's formal Professional Development Program (PDP) is for engineers looking to advance their careers. We believe in investing in paid professional training and growing our greatest assets – our people. We will invest time and money year after year to fully develop someone who has what we're looking for.
Looking for a stable, long-term, entrepreneurial career?
- Look no further, you can build on your experience with a great variety of clients and technical environments; we will always have a new challenge with every project.
Looking for a truly professional delivery team?
- Look no further, Equilibrium's skilled technical team knows how to complete each of the following - Assessing, Architecting, Project Planning, Implementing, Documenting, and Supporting everything we sell (small to enterprise, it all matters).
Looking for quality of life?
- Look no further; Equilibrium's philosophy and culture is to consciously live a "balanced" life. We believe happy people are people that have EQUILIBRIUM (balance) between their personal life and their work life.
The Senior Network Engineer (SNE) position primarily focuses on assessing, architecting, project planning, implementing, documenting and supporting the following types of projects:
- Network planning, integration, configuration and support for network solutions.
- Advanced Network Troubleshooting, including network performance issues related to availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Business Continuity Architecture, Planning and Implementations
- Large-Scale Network and Systems Infrastructure Designs
- Documentation of network standards, processes and procedures.
Strong customer relations, follow-up to insure that service has been completed to customer's satisfaction are a must. The SNE must be a team player, yet work well independently and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include working with Senior Systems Engineers (SSEs), Senior Architect Consultants (SACs) and Technical Project Managers (TPMs) to engineer solutions for IT projects as well as providing network administration for client support needs when necessary.
The perfect candidate would be a professional, detail oriented and self-motivated individual who excels at completing tasks successfully and efficiently. A key differentiator of a SNE is having the breadth of experience to professionally assess, implement and support new technology.
- Provide in-depth technical and design expertise on network infrastructure projects for small and medium size clients.
- Work in tandem with high-caliber SSEs SACs, & TPMs.
- Design and implement advanced Networking Infrastructure solutions.
- Support Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) while maximizing uptime.
- Routine configuration changes of firewalls, switching infrastructure, network diagnostic, network monitoring tools.
- Provide ongoing recommendations of network policies and standards.
- Build and deploy network attached Storage Area Networks for virtualized environments.
- Perform as lead network architect responsible for capacity planning and configuration assessments for routers, switches, network appliances, hosts, and other network attached devices.
- Recommend technical solutions that enhance performance, increase redundancy and add flexibility to an existing network infrastructure.
- Assess, architect, project plan, implement, document and support customer systems in response to business or technical requirements.
- Clearly communicate problem/resolution process to customers or management.
- Serve as project team lead with project oversight responsibilities and mentoring of Junior Engineers.
- Contribute to written scopes, budgets and statements of work/proposals.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Present technical solutions to non-technical C-level individuals.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience that is directly related to the responsibilities specified.
- Network infrastructure implementation and administration of firewalls, routers and switches. Technical competency with Cisco Networking technologies including: Cisco ASA / Palo Alto Firewalls, Firepower, Cisco Switches and Routers, Log and Packet analysis.
- Experience with Class of Service / Quality of Service configuration and administration.
- Strong working knowledge of networking principles: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLAN and firewall technologies.
- Knowledge of network security protocols: SSL, SSL VPN, IDS and IPS.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel to client premises
- This position requires a high level of independence and strong client service skills. Organizational ability is important to keep track of all tasks, because the job requires a great deal of multi-tasking. We also require accurate and timely tracking of client work, service calls and related documentation including timesheets and expense reporting.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
- CCNA, CCNP, Network+, Security+, PCNSE certifications preferred.